Calming Hot Chocolate
I love a good hot chocolate when I am cold. I’m pretty much in love with hot chocolate right now. I want a nice warm drink to have once the kids go to bed and I’m sitting next to Adam relaxing before bed.
This is the most relaxing hot chocolate you will find. It is full of peaceful and soothing ingredients that will help you fall asleep and rest well.
Hot chocolate is such a comforting drink and it is pretty healthy too!
I use stevia as my sweetener, because I have trouble controlling my blood sugar using other natural sweeteners. This keeps it sugar free and helps keep your blood levels balanced before going to bed.
Magnesium is also added to this calming hot chocolate recipe to help increase the relaxing benefits. Magnesium is a wonderful mineral for your health and many people are deficient in it. When you are deficient, you have more issues with insomnia and waking up during the night. Adding this powerful mineral to your calming hot chocolate will help you increase your magnesium intake easily. More on easy ways to increase your magnesium here. Try my Apple Night-Night Gummies Recipe to help your kids get their magnesium.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tea bags of chamomile tea
- 1 teaspoon of Stevia English Toffee liquid (Or your preferred sweetener)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 rounded teaspoon of natural calm magnesium powder
- Boil your tea bags in water and let sit for 5 minutes for tea to seep.
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Serves 2 large mugs.
What are your favorite night time drinks?
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- Do you want to learn more about That Crazy Wrap Thing? - February 23, 2015
- Febuary Friday Weekly Wrap Up - February 20, 2015
- How Sara Replaced her teaching job to be a Stay at Home Mom - February 20, 2015