Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Holidays are wonderful: seeing family, relaxing in the living room, gathering around the table…. The downside is the extra 5 pounds that also come with all that gathering and eating. Sometimes you just need an easy detox plan to clear our your system.
Now that the holidays are over, it is time to get back to reality and back on track.
Here is my personal plan to detox and help my body recover from the sugar overload and splurges.
1) Sip on detoxing drinks
I’m going to nourish my body with some drinks full of antioxidants and vitamins to help my body detox. I really love to drink Greens to help me detox naturally with 38 superfoods. It has helped me with sugar cravings and it tastes like berries! I share more here about How I get 8 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables daily when I drink Greens.
2) Take Probiotics
Probiotics are micro-organism that are naturally found in your digestive tract to help you digest the food you eat. In our current culture, we don’t eat enough foods rich in probiotics to keep the balance of healthy organism in check. I recommend this probiotic because it contains 5 different strains and 10 billion cultures for your small and large intestine. What I have learned is that you are only as healthy as your gut, so take care of it and give it what it needs 🙂
3) Epsom Salt Baths
Adding an epsom salt bath to your weekly routine will help your body detox. This type of bath is great for increasing magnesium absorption which is a natural detoxing mineral. If you don’t like baths, try just a foot soak! I also add a few drops of Lavender and Tea Tree Oil to the Bath Salts too.
4) Focus on Low Carb, High Fat
Over the past few weeks, I have indulged in way too many sugars. So, my body needs to be nourished by healthy fats like coconut oil. By eating low carb, my body will be able to use the extra sugar in my cells and get cleaned out. I’m going to eat more eggs cooked in coconut oil for breakfast to start out my day. This will fuel my body with healthy protein and fats, leaving me satisfied.
5) Eat more vegetables
We know that vegetables are good for us, that isn’t new information. I’m going to focus on eating more salads this week to increase my vegetable intake. Also, as mentioned above, I drink Greens which is an easy way to get in 8 servings of fruits and vegetables in just 2 tiny scoops of powder.
Sweating is one of our body’s natural detox methods. I haven’t been very active the past few weeks, so I’d like to get back into a solid workout routine. I’m hoping to break a good sweat 3 days a week and then do some weight lifting with my kettle bell to strengthen my muscles.
When my body is running sluggish, I know that I need to do a cleanse and help me reboot. Here is my favorite 2 day Cleanse and why I love it:
It Works! Cleanse is a gentle two-day herbal cleanse that helps your body reset and rebalance itself so you can feel and look your best! Formulated with two proprietary blends to work with your body to help remove toxins while delivering essential nutrients and vitamins,* It Works! Cleanse provides a powerful cleanse without the harsh effects other cleanses can cause.
- It Works! Proprietary Herbal Cleanse Blend™: Blue Agave Extract and Aloe Vera Leaf Gel work synergistically to help nourish microflora in your colon while promoting the cellular health of your colon’s cell walls.* Blue Agave Extract with a slow-fermenting, soluble fiber reaches deep into the colon, working as a prebiotic to feed good bacteria and rebalance microflora while slowly cleansing out toxins for a more comfortable cleanse.*
- It Works! Proprietary Nutritional Cleanse Blend™: Contains an array of 25 foods, botanical extracts, and concentrates that help to support the liver’s detoxification function, while providing a supplemental source of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fiber, and phytonutrients your body needs.*
Detoxing doesn’t have to be fasting or juicing crazy food concoctions.
It can be easy to get back into a cleansed state with these 7 easy steps.
Do you have any tricks to help you detox to get you back on track?
P.S. If you are interested in an Easy way to Detox and Cleanse, Click Here to try the two day herbal cleanse that hundreds of my customers have tried and loved!! Save 40% when you start a 90 day challenge!
P.S.S. If you want even more Detox suggestions, grab my FREE Detox and Lose Guide! It’s free to you as my gift 🙂
- What Do You Eat on Keto? Part 2: Low Carb Vegetables - October 23, 2020
- What Are The Social Media Platforms to Focus on GROWTH Online in 2021? - October 19, 2020
- What Do You Eat on Keto? Part 1: Healthy Fats - October 16, 2020