Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
What an exciting life for a lady during pregnancy, imagining the face of her baby. During pregnancy, most women want to look good with their maternity dress.
What is pregnancy for a woman?
While pregnant, you’ll be full of emotions, dreams and hopes that will make your days inspiring. Today, pregnancy doesn’t only mean that women will be confined at home taking care of their tummies. Modern women still keep themselves active while being pregnant, and do not confine at home.
But in doing this, they want to make sure that they don’t look awful. They choose quality and affordable maternity wear that makes them attractive even with big stomach. They want a kind of maternity wear that fits them comfortably, and makes them confident of their body shape.
How to choose the right maternity wear
Choosing the right maternity wear for first time mothers can be a bit taxing and confusing. What you need may be different from what you expect to see in clothing outlets. Your friends and family may have warned you about the problems that you might encounter in getting the appropriate dress.
* Remember that there are always solutions to your pregnancy needs. You can still maintain your personal taste and lifestyle in picking the right solutions. In fact, wearing affordable maternity wear throughout your pregnancy is the key to a fabulous and confident feeling.
* The first priority for pregnant women in buying maternity wear is avoiding health hazards. Don’t buy clothes that only fit you during the early stages of your pregnancy. Prefer loose clothing that can fit you up to the time of your delivery.
* Choose a maternity wear that is in excellent condition, without marks or stains, and must be freshly laundered.
* Look for a quality wear that is affordable, but don’t ever sacrifice the quality with a cheap price.
* For working mothers, they should have an eye for nice corporate items that can be matched with casual clothes. Pick a great collection of affordable maternity wear that fit you with a unique look.
* If you think that the clothes you have seen are too expensive, you can consider getting quality used clothing.
Wearing fashionable maternity dresses at work
Women can look their best even with big tummies at work by wearing fashionable maternity dresses. A dressy tunic coloured black or charcoal wear fitted on the shoulders can make a woman look polished at work. For a finishing touch, wearing a black jacket can make everything great. Another option is a sleeveless dress coloured black or grey. This can be layered with a jacket or add a scarf to liven it up.
Included in the list of stylish, yet affordable maternity wear in Australia is a slim-fitting skirt that comes in black or grey. You can pair it with a tunic or a twin set. If you’re not ready for loose clothing, you can wear black pants with a sweater or a jacket and T-shirt. However, make sure that it fits you well so that you can move freely, and the baby as well.
Preparing for your baby’s delivery
It’s practical to have your baby’s needs before delivery so that everything will be complete and organized. This will avoid confusion, rush errands and stress during your delivery.
* Prepare a nice room in your home for the new-born baby.
* Prepare the baby’s needs like basinet/cradle or crib, disposable diapers, bottles and nipples, brush for cleaning bottles, etc.
* Contact the hospital where you plan to deliver your baby.
* Choose a doctor for your baby.
* Prepare a tote or maternity bag to accommodate all your baby’s needs.
* Participate in a new-born care class and a breastfeeding session.
* Look for a cloth diaper service.
You can still wear your maternity wear right after delivery while resting at home. It will make you comfortable while in bed with your baby rather than tight casual wear.
How to face the challenges of pregnancy
The challenge: Your figure has grown enough in some places that the clothes you used to wear don’t fit anymore. However, you find out that most maternity dresses contain too much fabric unfit for your growing tummy.
What to do: Buy one of the stretchy bands that you can find in maternity shops. It can be a Belly Band that you fit above your jeans which you can leave out unbuttoned or unzipped. This band will hold your pants up, without giving any sign that they are unbuttoned. In this case, you can use a rubber band tied on the button and the buttonhole for the same purpose or you can find cheap maternity jeans online if you do a quick research.
The challenge: You’re becoming worried about an overall thickening ‘though you have no cute bump yet.
What to do: Don’t wear clothes that are too tight or you’ll look like a sausage placed in a tight casing. Avoid wearing tops that look like a tent and are too billowy as well. Look for those pieces of affordable maternity wear that flow gracefully on your the extra pounds below while still attaining a bit of shape. You can have tunics as a great option. When fitted over your shoulders and arms, it will flow gracefully towards the middle portion, disguising your extra weight.
Tips for women who want to conceal their pregnancy
Let’s face it; there are women who want to hide their growing secret until such time that they are visible. Some of them probably want to surprise their friends and colleagues, while others are still confused about their status. Whatever reason they have, they can do something to relax their minds by following the tips below:
* Keep your pregnancy under wraps.
* Set aside anything that may be too tight or clingy for your stomach. Put some silhouettes going over your belly, thighs and hips to camouflage the increase in pounds.
* Wear soft knits, wrap dresses and shirts, tops and frocks that are made in Empire waist, and A-line skirts.
* During the first trimester, you can wear another great affordable maternity wear piece called the “blouson” style top. This is one that is designed with a fitted waistband below, but there is enough space above the band. Its fabric falls freely on your belly, and the fitted waistband makes its appearance more tailored. You can combine it with a pair of stretched jeans, and there are many fashionable but cheap maternity jeans online to make you more comfortable, while having a stylish look.
Being pregnant is something to cherish for women who imagine themselves carrying their cute babies. For first time mothers, it’s a combination of excitement and confusion on what to do for the entire pregnancy period. For others, it’s a bit of sacrifice from their daily routine. Overall, it’s ideal for women to taste what others have experienced especially in wearing affordable maternity wear. Feel great with your maternity dress!