Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the my own.
I LOVE SUMMERTIME!
Extra time with out of town family, swimming, biking, and lighting bugs, what’s not to like?!?!
Mosquitoes, that’s what!
Adam (and Aidalyn to a degree) have really bad reactions to insect bites and stings. It really can be an issue during the summer when you want to be having picnics, playing outside and having fun! Because the quickest way to ruin a picnic or fireworks is BUGS!!
So I went hunting for a simple and naturally based insect repellent that I could feel GOOD about having around my kids.
While were celebrating Independence Day last month I did some experimentation, and here is a simple recipe you can make at home to repel the bugs from your outside gatherings!
What you need:
- 1 Mason Jar
- 1 Tea Light Candle (You can do more than 1 depending on the size of your jar!)
- 5 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 Drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Citronella Essential Oil
- 3/4 Cup of Water
2. Then follow these simple steps!
- Add the oils and water to your mason jar.
- Gently add candle(s)
- Place in area you want free of bugs
- Light the candle(s)
And then ENJOY!
These simple jars smelled amazing AND kept the insects at bay, I hope they serve you well!
Do you have any natural bug repelling tips to share? Drop ideas in the Comments!
P.S. If you are curious about essential oils but don’t know where to start, let us help!
I feel like motherhood was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me… but I had to discover how to not lose myself in the process.
I teach busy moms how to make simple healthy swaps that make a huge impact on their health and results.
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- 10 Ways to Do Personal Development Without Reading - June 24, 2019
- Low Carb Almond Butter Cookies - June 22, 2019
- How I Lost The Baby Weight While Nursing - June 18, 2019