Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
I can’t believe it’s already June! It’s time to think about Dads with Father’s Day coming up on June 18.
If you are like me, you are a bit unsure of what to get for the Dad(s) in your life (my Dad and husband can be a little harder to buy for!). Even worse, you want to do something that’s useful but not going to negatively affect their health. That’s a lot of desires to balance! I’ve shared some ideas of how to use Essential Oils all around your house, but maybe that’s not the best fit for your man…
But don’t worry! I’ve got you covered!
Here are 3 Simple Essential Oil Based Gifts for the Dad in Your Life!
Is your Dad the ultimate grill-master?! Help him keep that grill clean and ready to fire with this DIY Grill Cleaner with Lemon Essential Oil, which is an amazing degreaser!
DIY Grill Cleaner:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then add white vinegar slowly until it is a nice thick liquid consistency. Brush this onto grill and wait about 20 minutes (30 – 40 if it has been a while!). Now scrub with a grill brush and rinse with water!
What about the Dad who loves to dig into a good project that leaves him covered with grease or tree sap? Don’t go to bed with Clark Griswold just yet! Here’s a great recipe you can gift to all those Dads that aren’t afraid to get their hands (and everything else!) a little dirty.
DIY Hand/Tool Degreaser:
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil (softened)
- 1 Cup Epsom salt or sugar (for courseness)
- 45 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
Mix all ingredients in a glass jar with lid and Dad will be prepared for any sticky, greasy mess!
Is your Dad more of a sports enthusiast or a gym rat? Eucalyptus and Tea Tree Essential Oils are two gym bag go-to’s that will have him ready for the game or his workout!
Gym Bag Essentials:
- Mixing Tea Tree Essential Oil with water in a glass spray bottle is a great way for Dad to deodorize his gym shoes, locker, gym bag, or even spray down equipment before and after using. Simply add 10 drops to every ounce of water in a glass spray bottle.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil will help Dad “wake up” his body before a workout. Make Dad a small glass roller bottle of 20 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil and fill with It Works! Fractionated Coconut Oil, and it’s already diluted and ready for him to apply before each workout.
I think Essential Oils are some of the most versatile substances on Earth! I hope the men in your life enjoy these simple and thoughtful gifts this year!