Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Have you ever heard of “face mapping”??
Face mapping, which combines modern dermatology with ancient Chinese medicine, is the idea that there’s a correlation between your internal organs and different zones of your face.
This means that where your pimples are popping up could be an indication of something underlying going on inside you and give you some clues of how to treat your whole body.
Just recently, I noticed several pimples showing up above my brow, then I read it could be my immune system fighting against something. Then, the next day I started with seasonal allergies… my skin really was telling me something was going on!
It is so interesting!!
Face mapping can actually identify underlying causes of your acne. Once you’ve identified the cause, it’s easier to prevent it. While some causes are unavoidable (hormones during that time of the month, for instance), diet and lifestyle changes can definitely help to clear up your skin.
5 Face Mapping Areas
- Forehead. Breakouts across the forehead are often caused by stress or sleep deprivation. An easy fix is just to rest. If you need help managing your stress naturally, Click here to learn my best tips to manage stress through the holidays.
- Above the brow. The area above the brow is affected by your immune system. Breakouts here tend to happen right before, after, or during a cold or flu. If you notice a breakout in this zone, slow down for a couple days. I would make sure to drink plenty of water, eat more fruits and vegetables and boost your immune system with these simple steps.
- Between brows. Breakouts between the brows can be caused by eating too much unhealthy foods or maybe an underlying food allergy. Cutting back on sugar, dairy, rich foods, and alcohol can help clear up skin in this zone. If you feel like you need a reset, this two day herbal cleanse is the best choice.
- Cheeks. Your cheeks are linked to your respiratory system. Smoking or breathing polluted air can often cause breakouts here. My favorite way to help my breathing is with essential oils.
- Side of chin. The sides of your chin are affected by hormones. Breakouts here occur around the time of your period and happen on one side or another depending on which ovary is ovulating that month. Click here to learn how you can balance your hormones naturally.
I hope that this gives you some CLUES to help you identify what your pimples may be telling you and give you some action steps to help you prevent acne before it shows up. If you are ready to transform your skincare routine, Click here to learn more about my favorite skincare routine that is not only simple, but uses botanicals and herbs to nourish my skin and help me look younger.
P.S. If you are open to trying some of my favorite products, I would love for you to be my product tester! Click here to apply.
- Unleash the Healing Power of Turmeric: Discover the Joyful Benefits for Your Body! - November 30, 2023
- The Magical Power of Absorption: When Magnesium and Vitamin D Meet Your Skin - November 20, 2023
- Carbs Be Gone: Tasty Tips and Tricks for Low-Carb Lovers - October 31, 2023