Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the my own.
It’s hard to believe 2019 is here!
It seems like 2018 just flew by… and it isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
A few days ago, I was doing an interview for an online Summit which I’m pretty excited about!
In between running errands, nursing a newborn, and clearing up Christmas things… I made time to share some tips to help moms stay focused on their goals and be the best mama for their kiddos – because that’s what I LOVE doing!!!
One question that came up during that interview was
“How do I teach my kids about living a fit and healthy life?”
Or is it something that mom (and maybe Dad!) just does?
My house is not immune to picky kids, so we have to be creative and sneaky at times to make sure they are getting what they need each day.
But this one tip has helped us BIG TIME:
GET THE KIDDOS IN THE KITCHEN
So we made two low carb cookies this past week… and the kids ate them up and loved them!
Why should kids stay away from too much sugar??
Eating low Sugar isn’t just about weight loss… it is about being healthy!
Sugar lowers your immunity and increases inflammation Have fun and get in the kitchen to show your kiddos that healthy can be tasty too! (Even with holiday treats)
Mexican Wedding Cookies ~ My FAV Holiday Cookie!!
These use Almond Four instead of regular flour and Stevia for the sweetener (I use stevia as my primary sugar replacement)
Plus, they are SUPER easy! Just throw everything in your food processor to mix together.
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour (Great Gluten-Free option if you need that!)
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup Swerve*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Some extra Stevia (or Swerve) to roll the balls in after they bake (Optional)
* Swerve is the brand name of a Stevia based granular sweetener that I like to use for baking. Stevia is safe at high temps and Swerve itself is helpful because it works cup for cup like sugar! Give it a try if you are interested in a low carb baking sweetener!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything in food processor.
- Roll into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Freeze for 20 minutes to help firm up.
- Then bake cookies for 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and then roll in extra Swerve for dusting.
The girls approve!! I hope you enjoy!