Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Coconut oil has been praised recently as something that every household should have… but what should we actually do with it?
What we LOVE about Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a pretty special ingredient because it is naturally antibacterial and antifungal. Coconut oil is AMAZING for your skin because it is an excellent moisturizer. It can penetrate hair better than other oils (and I use it for chapped lips too!.)
We have been cooking with coconut oil for years and love that it is a great stable oil at high temperatures and is dairy free. It’s nice to be able to use it in the kitchen and the bathroom!
Could you actually replace some of your other products for Coconut Oil?
How we Use Coconut Oil
- We are getting into the drier months, so you will want a go to cure for dry cracking hands. As a first resort, we love this coconut oil because it isn’t as greasy as heavy lotions and moisturizes your skin well. If your hands need a little extra loving, add 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil when you rub the coconut oil on your hands.
- Shaving your legs just got more luscious when you use coconut oil. Coconut oil is naturally antimicrobial, and smells like a vacation in your bathroom. Plus, your skin will stay hydrated but not greasy.
- Your hair will love how coconut oil works as a deep conditioner. Just work in a quarter-size amount into your hair, comb it, and then pile it into a loose bun. Use a soft towel over your pillow to keep it from getting wet. In the morning, shampoo your hair as usual and feel the difference in your hair!
- Coconut oil is also amazing at breaking down your eye makeup (even waterproof mascara!!). Use a cotton ball with a little coconut oil on it and gently sweep it over your eyes to remove any unwanted make up. It will also leave that delicate skin hydrated.
- Use Coconut oil as your favorite body moisturizer! It can even reduce water loss from serious dry skin (hello winter skin!)
- Before you use a cleanser, massage Coconut oil into your face to give you a glow and help naturally fight any bacteria or fungus, plus it will aid in moisturizing too.
What are your favorite ways to use coconut oil?
- Can You Eat Gluten Free Dairy Free Keto? - January 27, 2022
- Easy Dairy Free Alternatives for a Dairy Free Diet - January 27, 2022
- How to Start Your Gluten Free Dairy Free Diet - January 27, 2022
[…] I love natural beauty tips! I have been keeping coconut oil in my bathroom for quite a while, because I knew it was awesome for my skin! […]