Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Cheeseburger Cauliflower Casserole
As a kid, I loved eating Mac and Cheese. During the summer, my brother and me would live off of mac and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. This recipe is low carb and gluten free which makes it the perfect substitution for my childhood cravings.
We love cauliflower at our house. It is one vegetable that you can make into almost anything. I saw a recipe recently using cauliflower to make a cheese sauce that looked amazing.
This recipe uses a different ingredient called Glucomannan. I use it fairly often for thickening sauces. You can omit it if you don’t have any or check out my store and order some. Learn more about Glucomannan here.
I keep my glucomannan in a little shaker to make it easier to add to dishes.
This Cheeseburger Cauliflower Casserole is a good recipe to add to your weeknight rotations. It is quick and easy to throw together.
- 1 tablespoon oil coconut oil
- 1 pound of ground meat
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 Bags of Frozen Cauliflower (or 6 cups of fresh)
- ½ teaspoon of glucomannan (optional)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (reserve one cup for topping)
- 1 tsp of salt (more salt to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Melt oil in medium high skillet.
- Brown meat in oil.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- In a separate pan, steam cauliflower in a little water on stove.
- Once meat is cooked, turn heat down to low-med heat.
- Sprinkle with glucomannan, mixing in well.
- Add in your almond milk and slowly stir in cheese.
- Next add in your spices: Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper.
- Drain water from cauliflower.
- Mix together your meat sauce and your cauliflower.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top with additional shredded cheddar cheese.
This has been linked up to Sweet and Savory Sunday and Trim Healthy Tuesdays and Allergy Free Wednesdays
- Can You Eat Gluten Free Dairy Free Keto? - January 27, 2022
- Easy Dairy Free Alternatives for a Dairy Free Diet - January 27, 2022
- How to Start Your Gluten Free Dairy Free Diet - January 27, 2022
We love it! My husband used to live off of Hamburger Helper in his college days, and there is just something comforting about the flavors. This is fairly easy and a really good sub. Plus you get the added benefits from the extra veggies. Thanks for stopping by!
Ohhh that sounds like a plan! I’m going to start working on it. Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m a total foodie, but also a health nut (which don’t always workout). I’m so glad you are enjoying my recipes : )
We love cauliflower too and I often use it to replace rice, pasta or potatoes in casseroles. I’m so glad I came across this recipe!
We eat so much cauliflower. I’m so glad you found me! Thanks for leaving me a note too : )
Yes, I know people lose differently. Some people’s bodies need to heal before they can lose much weight. For me, it really is for health. I was having so much blood sugar roller coaster rides (and I was eating whole foods – just too many starches and natural sweeteners). I am so thankful for THM and the information I now have to stay healthy.
What a great meal. Thanks for sharing at Sweet and Savoury Sundays, I’d love you to stop by this weekend and link up!
Thank you so much! I’m going to link up now : )
Thanks for the recipe ! My husband and I recently started the ketogenic lifestyle for weightloss and we need different options with no carbs and no sugar ☺
I hope it’s helpful for you Jamie! Enjoy!