Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Low Carb Cheese Stuffed “Cornbread” Muffins
When I’m eating soup, I want some sort of bread to go along with it. I love a piece of grain free cornbread to sop up all the flavors. This is a really fun Grain free and low carb muffin because it is stuffed with cheese.
This low carb cheese stuffed muffin goes really well with Tomato soup. When I think of tomato soup, I immediately think of a grilled cheese sandwich. This is an easy grain free substitution to go along with your soup.
My daughter loves cheese sticks. She thought it was such a fun baking trick to cut the mozzarella into one inch pieces and stick them in the muffin batter.
I made this soup for us on a snow day, because nothing is more warming than a bowl of soup. The kids were playing outside and having so much fun. Aidalyn’s little cheeks were red, so I put some coconut oil on them to help prevent any chapping (she wasn’t happy about that part). Thankfully, she was excited that we were going to get in the kitchen and make something fun.
These are a great recipe to make with the kids, because it is really hard to mess up. Just mix everything well into the bowl and then spoon into your muffin tin. The best part is adding the cheese. What kid could resist helping?
We baked the muffins for 25 minutes. They were a little golden on the top. Look how gooey the cheese is! Oh, it was so perfect.
- ½ cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup almond milk (or other milk)
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of applesauce (optional)
- ¼ cup of coconut oil (or butter) melted
- 3 eggs
- 3 mozzarella sticks cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything together well in a large bowl.
- Grease muffin pan.
- Fill muffin cups about ⅔rd of the way full. Place mozzarella piece into the batter and press down.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
I feel like motherhood was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me… but I had to discover how to not lose myself in the process.
I teach busy moms how to make simple healthy swaps that make a huge impact on their health and results.
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- Is Keto Right for ME? - December 7, 2019
- One Drink to Boost Your Immunity - December 6, 2019
- How to Get Back in Your Skinny JeansWITHOUT Fighting Annoying Cravings & Stressing over Counting Calories - December 5, 2019