Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Creamy Tomato Mushroom Chicken Sauce
This is such an easy weeknight meal, but good enough to treat guest with too! With all the holiday parties and lists of things to do, it is nice to have a quick meal up your sleeves to cook when dinnertime rolls around.
My husband loves mushrooms in anything. He is always wanting to add them to my dishes. This is the perfect dish for mushroom lovers!
I hope you get the chance to try it soon!
For Trim Healthy Mama’s: If you Use a low fat cream cheese as your base, with a can of tomatoes and white chicken breast, this meal can be fuel pull, satisfying or energizing depending on what you pair with it. It’s so flexible. Alone it is Fuel Pull – meaning low fat and low carb.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 small carton of chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 3-4 chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- Optional more chicken broth
- Heat skillet to medium high heat. Add coconut oil.
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Add chicken breast to pan. Continue to stir until cooked through.
- Add chopped mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add can of diced tomatoes.
- Once heated through, cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add to skillet.
- Stir until melted.
- Add seasonings.
- If you need more liquid in the dish, add some chicken broth to help thin the sauce
I feel like motherhood was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me… but I had to discover how to not lose myself in the process.
I teach busy moms how to make simple healthy swaps that make a huge impact on their health and results.
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- It Works BeautyWorks Skincare Review - October 21, 2019
- 3 Tips for Safer Bath-time with Infants - October 21, 2019
- Episode 22: 4 Videos You Should Be Making To Grow Your Business - October 21, 2019