Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
These low carb almond butter cookies will help you fight your sugar cravings and stay on track for reaching your goals!
“I just want to eat cookies and lose weight!”
Don’t worry, mama! I hear you!
I believe that you can eat your favorite foods and still lose weight! That’s were recipes like this Low Carb Almond Butter Cookie comes into play.
Just with a few simple swaps, you can have your cookie and eat it too – and lose weight!
Simple swaps make a HUGE impact… And they can taste delicious too!
Why do you use almond butter?
There are a few reasons to use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
First off, almonds usually are processed with less pesticides than peanuts.
Almonds are actually a nut, where as peanuts are a legume (say that 10x without laughing – I dare you, haha!)
Almond butter is slightly healthier than peanut butter because it has more vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Now, if you don’t have almond butter, you can use peanut butter as a substitute.
LOW CARB ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES!!
1 cup all natural smooth almond butter
½ cup of unsalted softened butter
1 cup of cup for cup sugar substitute (I used a stevia blend)
1 cup of almond flour
1 teaspoon of aluminum free baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat well the almond butter, butter, sugar-substitute, and egg.
3. Add in the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Stir the mixture until well blended.
5. Drop a tablespoon amount of dough to form cookie dough balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake in a 350-degree oven until lightly brown around the edges around 10-12 min.
7. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
If you are like me and can’t wait until they cool to grab a bite… they will be a delicious crumbly warm goodness…
For more recipes like this, you can grab my free Keto Dessert Recipes, just click the button below!
- What Do You Eat on Keto? Part 2: Low Carb Vegetables - October 23, 2020
- What Are The Social Media Platforms to Focus on GROWTH Online in 2021? - October 19, 2020
- What Do You Eat on Keto? Part 1: Healthy Fats - October 16, 2020