Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
I have really been craving the flavors of a Cheesesteak lately. I got the idea of doing a spin off of a Philly Cheesesteak after seeing Peace Love and Low Carb’s Stuffed Philly Cheesesteak Peppers. For my family, the idea of a casserole just works better for some meals. I decided to try my hand at making a Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole.
We don’t normally shop at Walmart… but we found ourselves there on a Friday night after going to Hobby Lobby (they are right next to each other). I was wanting to make something quick for dinner that I could throw together without much fuss.
I looked at Walmart’s options of sliced Beef in their main deli section, and I just wasn’t impressed at all. Lots of caramel coloring, soy, nitrates… ingredients that I wasn’t very happy about.
Adam said that maybe we should just buy a steak and cut it up as thinly as possible (another option, but more hassle than I wanted to deal with). As we were walking to get the steak, I looked and saw Hormel’s All Natural Sliced deli meats. I remembered that my sister had bought some Hormel All Natural Turkey for making sandwiches, because the ingredients were okay.
I’m sure that these deli meats aren’t perfect (and aren’t grass-fed ; ) ), but sometimes you do what you can. The sliced beef worked great in this recipe. You can always use your favorite sliced beef as a substitute. I know Kroger’s sells Boar’s Head brand that is all natural as well.
I hope you love this Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole as much as we do! We ate ours with a salad for dinner. You could also pair it with some other low carb sides for your family’s dinner.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 medium onions sliced
- 3 bell peppers; sliced
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 packages of Hormel All Natural Beef slices; cut into strips (you can use another brand equalling 12 oz of meat)
- 1 large box of sliced mushrooms
- 1 package of Swiss cheese slices
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat large skillet.
- Melt coconut oil in skillet.
- Add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, and beef to skillet.
- Continue to saute until onions are translucent.
- Transfer everything into a 9x13 pan.
- Top with sliced Swiss cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes to melt cheese.
Do you love casseroles? What are your favorite casserole meals?
P.S. Hey Healthy Mama! Are you trying to detox to get over your plateau or many just lose a few pounds to help you look and feel your best?? If that’s you, I’m giving away my 8 Tips to Detox and Lose for FREE to help you reach your goals. Click the button below to grab your Free copy:
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- It Works Keto Creamer Review - February 16, 2018
- Don’t Forget to Send Love to This Person on Valentine’s Day - February 14, 2018
- Two Calming Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas (Plus a Bonus!) - February 13, 2018