Cranberries are in season right now. If you haven’t already realized from my obsession with them from my previous posts: 7 Uses for Cranberry Sauce and Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce, I kind of love them!
Today I will share my Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad recipe.
On top of being so tart and tasty, they are so good for you!
Cranberries are high in antioxidants to keep you healthy throughout the winter. They are also so good for your urinary tract, to keep away that horrible UTI! Cranberries are also high in Vitamin C to keep your immune system strong and healthy – No Colds here!
This perfect salad pairs some of my favorite flavors: Pecans and Cranberries
If you are a Trim Healthy Mama, this salad is an S (Satisfying meal with fats) because of the nuts. If you leave the nuts off, this salad is a fuel pull (meaning low in fat and carbs).
This Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad is very easy to throw together and keep in your fridge. If you keep it Fuel Pull, you could turn it into a sandwich with Trim Healthy Mama approved breads.
Or you keep it an S an enjoy with a low carb pita like: Joseph’s Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread. I enjoyed it with a simple spinach salad.
- 3 cooked chicken breasts cubed (grilled, baked or boiled)
- 1 cup of Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce: http://wp.me/p45Nxg-uv
- ½ an onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- In a nonstick pan (I use Orgreenic). Add one teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Stir fry onion until translucent.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Add seasonings and cranberry sauce. Mix to combine.
- Add in the cubed chicken and chopped pecans.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Serve on salad or in a low carb pita
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- It Works Keto Creamer Review - February 16, 2018
- Don’t Forget to Send Love to This Person on Valentine’s Day - February 14, 2018
- Two Calming Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas (Plus a Bonus!) - February 13, 2018