Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Peanut Clusters
Homemade sugar free Dark Chocolate Candy can be easy to make at home. I started making my own sugar free candy a few month ago when I realized how much sugar was in even the dark chocolate candy bars. I love chocolate and wanted a way to enjoy it without all the sugar.
Why should you make homemade candy?
Good quality sugar free candy is expensive!
2) Quick and easy dessert
Dessert can be ready in less than 20 minutes!
Using coconut oil and stevia, these candies are actually quite healthy for you… so no guilt if you happen to eat the whole batch in one sitting (not me of course, cough)
Making Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Peanut Clusters
I used Stevia Extract powder to sweeten my candy bars. I love the way the stevia sweetens without affecting my blood sugar. A little goes a long way too!
A few weeks ago I was shopping in Hobby Lobby with my family and noticed their silicon baking cups were on sale. I thought they would be the perfect thing for making homemade chocolate. I also bought a set of number and letter molds for making some fun jello molds for Aidalyn.
If you don’t have silicone molds, you can use a shallow glass pan. That is what I normally was using until I bought these molds. I would cut the chocolate into squares using a knife. It wasn’t as easy, but it tasted great.
Making homemade chocolate could not be easier. You can double this recipe pretty easily too. This recipe will last about one day in my house, haha. Between the 3 of us eating. It makes about 2 full sized candy bars.
Coconut oil is so healthy for you, so I don’t mind Aidalyn enjoying these right along with us.
Optional add ins: Shredded coconut, cacao nibs, almonds, walnuts, pecans, dried fruit
- ½ cup of coconut oil semi solid to melted
- ¼ cup of peanut butter
- ⅓ cup of peanuts
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoons of dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Dark)
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 tablespoons of vanilla whey protein powder (I used Swanson's brand)
- ⅛ tsp of stevia extract powder (I used nunaturals stevia extract powder)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix everything together well.
- Using silicon cups or molds, pour your chocolate into the molds.
- Place in refrigerator to set (or freezer for faster results).
- Let set for 15 minutes to harden.
- Remove from silicon cups when ready to serve.
Click here for my favorite sweetener blend!
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- Why a Dream Board is So Critical to Your Long Term Success! - June 6, 2016
- My Current Smoothie ADDICTION! - June 2, 2016
- How to Have a Stress-Free Wedding - May 31, 2016