Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Tip Junkie has a great idea for your family! Each day you take off an ornament and you do an activities on the back. This is our Advent Christmas Tree. I used green felt from hobby lobby and cut out the shape of a tree. Then I just used yarn, clothes pins and tape to put everything together.
2) Go on a Christmas light tour
Richmond has a Tacky Christmas light tour and our neighborhood also has a Christmas light tour.
3) Make homemade Christmas Ornaments and crafts
Here are some cute ideas from BHG.com for easy Ornaments you can make with your kids.
4) Go see a local Christmas Play
We are lucky that there is a cute little outdoor church play right down the road from us. They sang Christmas Carols and served hot chocolate and cookies afterwards. It was such a treat last year. What a good reminder of the reason for the season.
5) Take food to your local police and firemen.
Thanksgiving night, we took some loaves of Great Harvest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. I got the idea from my pastor’s wife, Angie. The guys were so thankful for the treat. It was just a simple way to let them know that we appreciate their service.
Whatever you decide to do this Christmas, remember it isn’t about Santa and all the stress of shopping for gifts. Christmas is celebrated because God said “I love you” when he sent his only Son to this broken world. So during this busy season, let’s focus on Faith, Hope and Love.
Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.
- Unleash the Healing Power of Turmeric: Discover the Joyful Benefits for Your Body! - November 30, 2023
- The Magical Power of Absorption: When Magnesium and Vitamin D Meet Your Skin - November 20, 2023
- Carbs Be Gone: Tasty Tips and Tricks for Low-Carb Lovers - October 31, 2023