Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs and Spinach
This crockpot meatball dinner is sure to be a hit at your dinner table. It is hearty and full flavored for filling your appetite. My husband said it was the perfect dinner for a winter night.
The inspiration came from the grocery store. I was shopping this past weekend and I saw these chicken and mozzarella Italian meatballs that were all natural at Krogers. They were Aidelle’s brand. I was really impressed with the ingredients and they were perfectly low carb for a satisfying dinner.
I really wanted to pair these with a creamy sauce. I wasn’t sure starting off what vegetables I wanted to match with the Italian and cheese flavors. Then it finally came to me: Spinach!
I love spinach in a creamy sauce. This is a really flavorful and deep full flavored sauce that goes great with spinach. We ate the creamy meatballs and spinach over cauliflower mash and served aside some mixed low carb vegetables.
This will certainly be a repeat meal for us during the winter. The creamy meatballs cook in the slow cooker, so there is no hassle at dinner time and easy clean up too!
Trim Healthy Mama’s: This Recipe is considered a Satisfying dinner because it is low in carbs, but does have some fat.
Here is the recipe for you to enjoy!
- 3 packages of Aidelle's chicken and mozzarella meatballs (or another natural low carb meatball brand)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ½ package of frozen spinach
- 1 large onion diced
- 1-2 bell peppers diced (I used a frozen mix)
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 1 TBS of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 1 tsp of ground mustard (mine was a finely ground powder)
- 4 oz of cream cheese (reserved until 30 minutes before serving)
- Put everything in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for more
- minutes before serving, mix in cubed cream cheese, breaking it up into the sauce to create a creamy sauce.
- Serve with mashed cauliflower or spaghetti squash
- What Do You Eat on Keto? Part 2: Low Carb Vegetables - October 23, 2020
- What Are The Social Media Platforms to Focus on GROWTH Online in 2021? - October 19, 2020
- What Do You Eat on Keto? Part 1: Healthy Fats - October 16, 2020