Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
30 Ways to Serve Your Spouse
Serving your spouse should be one of your top priorities in your marriage. God has entrusted you to be the person to show your spouse love on a daily basis. Serving your spouse doesn’t mean you are a slave or a doormat. Jesus talks about serving each other as a way to show love each other and follow his commands.
Mark 10:43-45 English Standard Version
43 But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,[d] 44 and whoever would be first among you must be slave[e] of all. 45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Adam and I read the Book the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman a few years ago and it really changed how we serve each other. Each person has a unique way that they receive and respond to love.
The 5 love languages are:
Words of affirmation (telling them how awesome they are)
Acts of service (doing things for them)
and Physical touch.
Here are some ways you can serve your spouse this week:
2) Clean up after them without mentioning it (picking up dirty socks and putting them in the hamper, etc.)
3) Pick up their favorite snack when you are at the grocery store
4) Let them pick the movie to watch on Saturday night
5) Do a chore they hate doing and do it for them (taking out the garbage)
6) Put gas in their car
7) Wash their car
8) Take the kids so your spouse can have some quiet time
10) Put away their clean clothes for them
11) If they cook, clean up the kitchen
12) Scrape off the ice off their windshield (in winter)
13) Make the bed for them
15) Clean out their car
16) Write them a note about why you love them
18) Take care of helping the kids pick up toys
19) Check in on your way home to see if they need anything
20) Take care of the shopping list
21) Clean the toilets
22) Bake them a special treat for after the kids go to bed
23) Iron their clothes for them
24) Choose not to nag about something that hasn’t been finished
26) Buy them a magazine on their favorite topic (or an e-book)
27) Warm up a towel for them while they are taking a shower or bath
28) Let them be “right” in a disagreement
29) Surprise them with a date night without kids
30) If your spouse likes a clean house, clean out your stuff and organize
How do you serve your spouse? What is your love language?