Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Raspberry Chicken
This Slow Cooker Balsamic Raspberry Chicken recipe is full of French flavors that are delicate yet so flavorful. The raspberries add a mild sweetness to pair with the tangy balsamic vinegar. Together with tender chicken, these flavored were perfect tossed with spaghetti squash.
I’m not sure why this recipe would not get out of my head… it kept nagging at me “make me, make me, make me.” So I thought about the different flavors I was looking for. I really wanted raspberries and chicken together. I love a raspberry vinaigrette dressing on a simple chicken salad. My mind kept going to onions as well.
I’m really loving my slow cooker (or crock pot) for easy and simple slow cooker recipes. Working from home means that we are home more but dinner can be a little crazy getting set up! What couldn’t be better for a busy mom to “set it and forget it?” I also love how tender chicken turns out in slow cooker chicken recipes.
I had been using my crock pot for making my Italian meatballs and spinach recipe in the past, but it was time to experiment with some other flavors!
So after a week or more of mulling this recipe over and over in my mind, I decided to head into the kitchen and craft this easy slow cooker balsamic raspberry chicken recipe. The results?
It was so wonderful! It was a great date night meal. It reminded me of flavors I would normally taste from a fancy restaurant, but it was in my own kitchen.
If you are following Trim Healthy Mama, this recipe would be fuel pull. There are not enough berries in a serving to make it an energizing meal and there is little fat in this recipe too.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 4-6 chicken breast
- 2 medium onions cut into strips
- 1 cup of raspberries, frozen
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ½ tsp of dried tarragon
- 1 tsp of basil
- Cooked Spaghetti Squash and Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10.
- Shred the chicken and mix all the juices and onions together.
- Cook spaghetti squash and toss with more salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken dish with the cooked spaghetti squash and top with Parmesan cheese.
- You could also serve with brown rice, quinoa, or riced cauliflower.
Do you have a favorite slow cooker meal? Drop it in the comments so we can experiment!
- Can You Eat Gluten Free Dairy Free Keto? - January 27, 2022
- Easy Dairy Free Alternatives for a Dairy Free Diet - January 27, 2022
- How to Start Your Gluten Free Dairy Free Diet - January 27, 2022