Easy Crockpot Chicken Curry
Oh Yummy. I love curry. This is such an easy recipe for a Crockpot Chicken Curry. Adam and I love Indian food. We have a few Indian restaurants around here, but I love being able to have a good curry at home.
Adam bought me a great Indian Cookbook a few years ago that really focused on the main spices in Indian dishes. There are no crockpot recipes in that cookbook, haha. I did learn a lot of the flavors though.
You could additionally top this Easy Crockpot Chicken Curry with some Greek yogurt.
We served it with riced cauliflower because we are trying to eat lower carb meals. You can serve with brown rice if you like.
Adam says it is a good balanced curry because it isn’t too hot, yet has a lot of good flavor. He also enjoyed the riced cauliflower with it. Aidalyn just ate the chick peas plain, haha. My little picky eater.
For Trim Healthy Mama’s This Easy Curry would be an Energizing meal because of the carbs in the chick peas. Using Lite coconut milk allows us to keep the fat low enough to be considered an energizing meal. Check your lite coconut milk grams of fat. Mine had 4.5 grams in 1/3 cup of coconut milk. This easy crockpot chicken curry serves about 6.
I hope you enjoy my Easy Crockpot Chicken Curry!
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 large can of tomatoes, 28 oz, undrained
- 1 can of lite coconut milk, 14.5 oz
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained (or 3.5 cups of cooked chickpeas)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tsps garlic
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 2 tsps garam marsala
- 1.5-2 tsps of glucomannan reserved until 15 minutes before serving
- 2 bags of frozen cauliflower
- Add ingredients: chicken through garam marsala into crockpot.
- Cook 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 on low.
- minutes before serving, break up/shred chicken with wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle glucomannan over curry, mixing in well.
- Steam cauliflower, then "rice" in food processor by pulsing until reaching rice consistency.
- Serve with curry.
Do you enjoy Indian dishes? What are your favorites?
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- Keto Friendly King Cake! - January 22, 2019
- Keeping God’s Word Close - January 20, 2019
- My New Favorite Plant Based Weight loss Supplement! - January 18, 2019