Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Turkey Curry on Pita Bread
Adam and I love Indian food. We love the flavors of curry with stir fries and soups. I love this Turkey Curry on Pita Bread because, it is simple enough to throw together and serve with a side salad on a busy night. It is also easy to warm up for a lunch. We have been making this recipe for several years now and we still love when it makes its way on the meal plan.
Curry and turmeric are wonderful spices for your health as well. Turmeric is a great spice for detoxing your liver. Curry has been shown to help with blood sugar control, has anticancer properties, helps manage cholesterol levels, and also helps to detox.
Also, Check out this recipe for making your own Pita Breads at home.
I really love that this meal is a one skillet meal basically. You start with browning your meat, then cook down your vegetables. Next, add some spices and Tada! Dinner is served.
You can warm your pita breads in the oven wrapped in a towel while you are cooking your meal.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup of mixed bell peppers cup into strips
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ cup of feta cheese
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 6 Joseph's Low Carb Pita Breads
- Cook your ground meat in coconut oil on medium high heat.
- Add your onions and bell pepper to stir fry.
- Once the onions are translucent, add your seasonings through turmeric powder
- Next turn heat down to medium and add your feta cheese.
- Mix until melted.
- Turn heat to low and stir in Greek Yogurt.
- Serve over warmed pita breads.
- Optional: top with a relish of chopped cucumbers and tomatoes.
If you love Indian Food, check out my Crock Pot Chicken Curry. It is a quick to throw together meal, then you just let it cook all day. Perfect for a weeknight.
What are your favorite Indian Dishes?
I feel like motherhood was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me… but I had to discover how to not lose myself in the process.
I teach busy moms how to make simple healthy swaps that make a huge impact on their health and results.
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- Is Keto Right for ME? - December 7, 2019
- One Drink to Boost Your Immunity - December 6, 2019
- How to Get Back in Your Skinny JeansWITHOUT Fighting Annoying Cravings & Stressing over Counting Calories - December 5, 2019