Low Carb Cheeseburger Vegetable Soup
We are having a snow filled winter here in Virginia. This Louisiana girl doesn’t know what all this white stuff is that keeps falling from the sky. Thankfully, I don’t have much reason to leave the house when it snows so I get to stay warm and cook for my family.
I love cooking this Low Carb Cheeseburger Vegetable Soup on a snow day when it has all morning to simmer. Soup is the perfect winter meal.
Soup can be a lunch or dinner during the winter months to warm and satisfy you. Bone broths are so full of nutrients that keep you and your family healthy during the sick months. Broths are also one of the 4 foods that all kids should be eating! This is one that your kids will want to eat two bowls full of. What kid can resist cheese?
Cheeseburger soup is full of all the cheese and meat that you would expect from a cheeseburger with all the vegetables that you love from a vegetable soup. It is the perfect combination. You can adjust the vegetables that your family loves the most. We found some local squash this past week, so it was just the right vegetable to include in this low carb soup.
I like to add a little glucomannan into my soup to thicken it with no added carbs and staying gluten free. I buy mine off of amazon. You can probably also find it in your local health food store (or use xanthan gum or another thickener if you like).
- coconut oil for browning meat and vegetables
- 1 pound of ground meat
- 2 onions chopped
- about 5 yellow squash, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 2 large cans of tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups of beef broth
- ⅓ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (more for topping)
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- ½ tsp of glucomannan (optional)
- Heat your coconut oil in your heavy soup pot.
- Brown your meat.
- Add your chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Next, add in your carrots and squash, tomatoes, broth, and seasoning.
- Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in your heavy whipping cream and cheese and stir to combine and cook an additional hour.
- Sprinkle the glucomannan on top over soup and mix in well to thicken your soup.
- I like to let my soup cook for a good 3 hours to get the flavors really combined together.
- Serve with additional cheese on top.
I hope you enjoy this Low Carb Cheeseburger Vegetable Soup as much as we do.
What are your favorite vegetables to add into a low carb soup?
This post is linked up to Weekend Wind-down Friday Blog Link up and Weekend Wellness and Healing with Food and Sweet and Savory Link up and Motivational Mondays and Recipe Sharing Monday and Nomday Monday and Monday’s Musings and Naturally Living Mondays and Mama Moment Mondays and Thank Goodness it’s Monday and In and Out of the Kitchen and Trim and Healthy Tuesdays and Tasty Tuesdays and Good Tips Tuesdays and Share Your Stuff Tuesdays and Do Tell Tuesdays and Titus 2sday and Mamade Blog Hop and Growing Homemakers and Wordless Wednesdays and Wake up Wednesdays and Allergy Free Wednesdays and Lovely Ladies and Welcome Home Wednesdays and Wildcrafting Wednesdays and Wellness Wednesdays Blog Hop Thursdays at All Things with Purpose and Let’s Get Real Party Friday and Gluten Free Fridays and That’s Fresh Friday and Real Food Friday’s and Sweet and Savory Sunday and Freedom Fridays and Sweet and Savory Sundays and Happiness is Homemade
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- Is Stress causing you to Gain Weight?? - February 21, 2017
- How to build an online business without being Spammy - February 17, 2017
- How to earn a $10,000 bonus from Home - February 17, 2017