Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. If you click them, I earn a small commission. It does not cost you anything extra, but this commission helps support the work of running this site. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
Oh my goodness. I can’t believe this was low carb
Even better, it took less than an hour to prepare and could be done completely in my Instant Pot!
I’m always looking for a quick and easy meal I can throw together in my Instant Pot. This ONE appliance has made it so much easier for me to cook more healthy meals at home – that tastes delicious!
You are going to love this!
* 2 lb ground beef
* 2 bags of frozen cauliflower florets
* 1 bag of frozen onion and pepper blend
* 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
* 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
* 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
* 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic from jar
* 1.5 quarts of beef broth
* 2 teaspoons arrowroot mixed with enough water to make a paste
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Set Instant Pot to “Sauté” cook beef in a little coconut oil.
2. Once cooked, drain excess oil.
3. Add in garlic and seasoning and sauté.
4. Add frozen vegetables and mix in.
5. Add in everything except- Reserve bacon, arrowroot and heavy whipping cream until the end.
6. Place Instant pot lid on and close valve.
7. Cook on “soup” setting for 15 minutes.
8. When ready, release steam.
9. Add arrowroot mixture and simmer for another 15 minutes.
10. Leave on “keep warm” setting and sprinkle in cooked bacon and slowly pour cream while stirring.
Check for taste and then serve!
P.S. For more healthy tips & recipes, check out my Recipe Archive!
- Can You Eat Gluten Free Dairy Free Keto? - January 27, 2022
- Easy Dairy Free Alternatives for a Dairy Free Diet - January 27, 2022
- How to Start Your Gluten Free Dairy Free Diet - January 27, 2022
Looks so yummy! I will try this soon, when the cool weather returns. Thank you for the wonderful recipes and things you share! You are such a special lady!!
Awe thank you! I love sharing things I find useful here!
Hello! This looks delicious! I don’t have an instant pot. Could I use a slow cooker instead? Thank you!
I think that would work fine! You would just need to cook it longer of course (the increased pressure helps it cook faster!)
If you want to try out an instant pot this is the one I recommend, it’s actually been super helpful! => https://amzn.to/2F7rNws
Let me know how it turns out!