This is the BEST Brownie you can make in a mug!
I must confess, I love chocolate. Before this recipe, I would grab a few tablespoons of Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (affiliate link). These were not the perfect solution although they had great ingredients, they were still filled with sugar. This brownie in a mug is my go to chocolate craving killer. You just mix this brownie up in one minute and microwave… then sit down and enjoy the hot, fresh Brownie in a mug!
Sometimes you just need chocolate. Some days you just need a brownie! Who wants to bake brownies for 20 minutes when you can enjoy this brownie cake in a mug in less than 2?
Adam and I love to enjoy this treat as an S (Satisfying) Trim Healthy Mama dessert once the girls go to sleep at night. It is our little date escape (in a mug). We top it with some stevia sweetened Greek yogurt for an extra special addition. Pour yourself a cup of coffee to go with it, and you have yourself a little escape during nap time.
You can enjoy this as an afternoon snack or dessert. With lots of protein and quality fats, it is good for an afternoon slump to pick up your energy without pouring loads of sugar into your system like a power bar.
These brownies in a mug were my staple during my pregnancy. I had at least one every day as an afternoon snack. This was a good pregnancy snack because it had ample amounts of protein and was low in carbs.
These also have some great ingredients full of vitamins and nutrients that keep you strong and healthy.
I also want to try this recipe in my waffle iron. I haven’t done it yet… but I think it would be a neat variation that you could top with Greek yogurt and berries…. Yummy! Then you could even enjoy it as a nice filling breakfast.
Special Notes: If you don’t have peanut flour, then just use 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter and delete the extra Tablespoon of water and coconut oil. Also one reader really liked this recipe adding a little Greek Yogurt in with the batter – Try it and see if you like it that way too.
Don’t over cook this brownie – then it will be too dry. I prefer it to be a little gooey on top.
- 1 egg
- 1 Heaping Tbs cocoa powder (I use dark chocolate cocoa powder, you can use more if you like more chocolate)
- 2 Tbs of peanut flour
- 1 Tbs coconut oil (You can use butter if you are not dairy free)
- 2 Tbs water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- I use ½ teaspoon of Trim Healthy Mama Sweet Blend
- Optional: 1.5 tablespoons of Greek yogurt or sour cream for a little more moist
- Mix all ingredients well in a mug.
- Microwave for 45 sec to 1 minute depending on how done you like it. Or Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Make sure not to over cook it!
- I like mine a little gooey still on top.
Could sub 2 Tablespoons of a nut butter (I used almond butter) in place of peanut flour and leave out water and coconut oil. Also for a more fudge like consistency you can add a little bit of Greek yogurt in the batter.
I only cook mine for 45 seconds and the top is still wet and gooey in a coffee mug.
Order Your Trim Healthy Mama Sweet Blend Here
You can purchase ingredients here:
Check out my other One Serving Desserts:
Latest posts by Angela Parker (see all)
- The Myth of the Overnight Success - July 18, 2017
- How to Plunk for Curly Hair - July 17, 2017
- Success Tip: Overcoming Your First Funk in Business - July 17, 2017