I love dark chocolate!
I’m talking about that love that you just can’t go a week without… or a day even!
When that craving hits, you don’t want to be reaching for a candy bar.
Commercial chocolate is full of ingredients that are not healthy for you, even though chocolate itself is actually pretty healthy.
Commercial chocolate has processed sugar in it… not good for stable blood sugars or for weight loss.
Dark chocolate is a good source of Magnesium and antioxidants. More on Magnesium here and a magnesium oil recipe.
Lauric acid in coconut oil kills bacteria, fungi and viruses. Plus it taste good too. Get in my belly!
So onto the Homemade Dark Chocolate Recipe
You will need the following:
Coconut oil is the base of this chocolate. If it is winter, you can keep your homemade sugar free chocolate solid on your counter. I keep it in my fridge so the chocolate stays solid like a regular chocolate bar.
You can mix everything together easily and pour into molds or into a shallow glass 8×8 sized pan. I like to make mine in silicon molds now, because it is easier to release the candy from than the pans.
I like to melt my coconut oil (or at least have it at a semi-melted state) for easier mixing.
- 1 cup of coconut oil - melted
- 4 Tablespoons of Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of butter flavored extract
- ¼ teaspoon of pure stevia extract (or use stevia blend like products to taste. xylitol is also a good option)
- (Optional add ins: peanuts, almonds, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, crushed mints)
- Mix everything well in a bowl together.
- I like to keep my coconut semi solid so that nothing falls to the bottom.
- Taste test a little on your finger to see if you want it sweeter or more salt.
- Pour into a rimmed plate or glass baking pan.
- Place in the freezer to harden faster or place in fridge.
- Takes about 10 minutes to harden in freezer.
- Store in the refrigerator after it hardens.
If you like chocolate with a little more crunch – Check out my Chocolate Peanut Clusters!
Plus, a great addition to this dark chocolate would be some yummy Keto Coffee – amiright?? Eating Healthy Fats couldn’t be more Delicious!